AM 122 is a waterproof coating agent, containing two components, cement based and strengthened with POLYMERIC BINDER™, giving a strong bonding ability, especially in wet or submerged areas.
- High water resistancy that protects buildings from leaking.
- Strong and long lasting bonding with cement based substrates.
- Adjust to the substrate shrinkage preventing damage to the coating.
- Easy application, just use a paint brush.
- Exterior and interior.
- Wet and submerged areas.
- Floors and walls.
swimming-pools, concrete roofs, ground water tanks, bathrooms, basements, exterior walls of buildings, etc.
1. PREPARATION STAGE
- Application area should be dry, clean and free of oil, fats, fungus and moss, granules that can easily loosen, and other dirts
- Repair holes or cracks on the surface area*
- It is recommended to add a cove at the connecting corners with other application areas**
- When application surface is hot, moisten with clean water using sponge or brush
* Use Gripcrete Bonding Agent AM 70 to repair application surfaces that have holes or cracks
** Use AM 612 Reinforcing Mesh to strengthen cove and crack-prone areas
2. MIXING STAGE
- Pour 4 kg AM 122 Powder gradually into a mixing bucket filled with 1 kg AM 122 Liquid
- Mix thoroughly to a paste
- Leave for 5 minutes to allow full activation of the polymer and additive
3. APPLICATION STAGE
- Repeat mixing to a paste before application.
- Apply AM 122 using a paint brush or trowel horizontally on the application surface, leave to dry for 1–2 hours
- Apply a second layer of AM 122 vertically on the dry first layer
- Particularly for application in submerged areas (swimming pools, water storage tanks), apply three layers
- Do not add water or other materials.
- Protect AM 122 layers with plaster or screed, to prevent from sctratches or damage.
- Keep the product tightly closed in a dry place at room temperature.
- When applying, protect the application area against :
- Bright sunlight to avoid irregular drying process.
- And rain and water to avoid the waterproofing layers from melting.
- Pay attention to open time and workability time.
|BULK DENSITY (KG/LTR)
||1,6 +/- 0,05
||1,02 +/- 0,02
||5.000 - 10.000 cps (Spdl 2/rpm3)
||9,0 - 10,0
|PRODUCT QUALITY CONTROL
Bonding to concrete substrate : ASTM D 4541
Water impermeability : DIN 1048, part 1
(27°C; 70% RH)
- Pot life : 1 Hours
- Soak Test : 7 days after application
- The length of the soak test : 7 days
- Plaster/screed : 1 day after the soak test
- Tile installation : 7 days after the plaster / screed
- Grouting time : 1 day after Tile Adhesive
- Full cure : 28 days
|MATERIAL ESTIMATE (m2/kg)
||2 times application = 2 m2 / 5 kg set
- 1 kg Jerigen (Liquid) + 4 kg Bag (Powder)
- 5 kg Jerigen (Liquid) + 20 kg Sack (Powder)
||12 months in closed condition, dry location at room temperature.
Flexible Cementitious Waterproofing